Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Books!

The Book Festival brochure was published today - very excited about it. Tickets go on sale on Tuesday 24th June. I'm most excited about Sarah Waters. Must be ready, online, at 8.30am to book my tickets.  
I couldn't resist this Moleskine notebook today. I love the colour of the cover. I love Moleskine notebooks. I could buy lots of them (and I have bought a few)
I got everything from Blackwell's bookshop at lunchtime today. I went to buy A Girl is a Half-formed Thing. I managed to resist the 3 for 2 offer. It always stumps me. I usually go into the bookshop to buy one particular book. That book has a 3 for 2 sticker. But because I hadn't factored that into the visit, I then feel I have to find two other books. I'm usually on a time constraint. I often manage to find one other book I wouldn't mind reading. But can never find a third. I then put both books back on the shelf and walk out empty handed. I wonder if the person who dreamed up the 3 for 2 incentive realises how many sales they have lost because of this offer?

No comments: