Saturday, March 01, 2008

Off-piste

It is deeply relaxing, occasionally, to revert to teenage time-keeping and do exactly what I want, when I want, without any regard for other people or THE CLOCK.

Hagos went on tour on Thursday, his birthday, for two and a half weeks.

Since then, apart from working yesterday, I've been eating what/when I want, sleeping when I feel like it (I got up this morning at 9.30am to have breakfast and go out to the library, then came home and went back to bed with my hot water bottle and my book and Meg, until 3.30pm - bliss!) and I have no plan for the rest of the day, except maybe to have a bath.
(Me and Meg getting up again - she always has to be first down the stairs.)

My life is so often filled with THINGS TO DO and LISTS and STRICT DEADLINES that it is such a luxury to let it all go for a day and snuggle in, read a book, eat eggs and rest.
And though my projected list for Saturday was to clean the house and begin making my skirt and dress, my only plan now, apart from having a bath, is to eat the curry Hagos cooked before he went on tour.

No comments: