Monday, April 28, 2008

High Society

Yesterday I watched High Society while finishing off the front of Keigan's jumper. I particularly like this bathing robe worn by Grace Kelly. Later on, the morning after a drunken pre-wedding night, she turns up in a beautiful wedding dress that looks as light as a feather and asks Bing Crosby, "Do you like my dress?" to which he replies yes. She then looks melancholy and says, "It's awfully heavy," which really made me laugh.
So this morning I made my second Amy Butler bag, because it was playing on my mind and I was obsessing about it. I'm still getting used to it and wonder if the purple lining is too overpowering?
In the meantime, I love my blue gerbera bag and have been carrying my phone and book around in it and looking at it admiringly. I'm sure the olive and purple one will grow on me in time too.
Will it be too OTT to go out in a skirt, bag, and headband all made from the same material? I think so. However, I may not be able to resist!

No comments: