Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Birthday Holiday in Scotland

I had a really great five day holiday in Scotland. Above is me with my parents and sister on my birthday, with my birthday cake. They had it made with a photo of me on it! It tasted delicious too.
I'm still recovering from the trip. Hagos and I drove to Edinburgh on Friday and stayed with our friends Pete and Lynsey and their kids Nate and JJ. We arrived about 9pm after a horrendously long drive due to being stuck in three traffic jams! By the time we got there we were more than ready for a glass of wine and we ended up talking and drinking until about 2am. They asked us to be Godparents and we were really touched and pleased. The kids are great fun and very sweet.

On Saturday we went to the Botanics with Pete and JJ while Lyns and Nate went to a party. And in the evening Pete took us out to dinner to a delicious Thai restaurant; however we were all exhausted and went home early and were in bed by midnight!

On Sunday we visited Hagos's mum, Bette and stayed there for lunch and dinner. We also got to see Hagos's brother and his kids who were in Scotland visiting too. For some reason I didn't take any photos of this part of the trip! We went to a really nice Chinese restaurant in the evening, before driving to Dumfries to stay with my parents.

On Monday Hagos and I and Jacqueline went into town and had lunch and coffee, then in the evening we had a little party for my birthday. All my family was there, and later in the evening my oldest friend Deb and her mum came over for a couple of hours. I hadn't seen Deb for seven years so it was really nice to catch up.

I got lots of REALLY nice presents from everyone but the best part of my birthday weekend was seeing everyone I love and being with Hagos.

Keigan playing football in the back garden. His new thing is to turn round and round on the spot until he falls over, then he gets straight back up and falls over again. It's very funny to watch. Obviously a thrill-seeker! He'll be bungy jumping before too long. My sister and brother-in-law bought me Midwest Modern for my birthday, along with some eagerly-awaited Kaffe Fassett material. The book is gorgeous. I've read some of it and looked at all the photos. I'm looking forward to reading it more. My parents bought me an egg poacher, which I've wanted for years, along with lots of baking equipment and cake decorations.
I love baking, but only had one cake tin left after all other baking equipment had been used for cooking vegetables and chips in the oven, so my new items will only be used for lovely cakes. Meg was really pleased to see us on our return. The feeling was mutual.

I'm back to work tomorrow. I have lots of plans for the next couple of months, including completing all my skirts! losing some weight, and other stuff that will be revealled in time when they come to fruition.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I found your blog through the 'Writing' tab on my Interests profile. What a great tool for connections.

Yesterday, I posted something that I think will interest writers everywhere. I blogged about David Wolverton/Farland (nationally renowned Sci-Fi and Fantasy author—think Star Wars books) and his free daily writing lessons and tips by email.

This man is super talented, and his totally free advice is for writers of all genres, at all stages of their careers.

Hope you don’t mind me letting you know this, but I’m so impressed with David’s generosity and willingness to help improve world writing skills, that I wanted to share with as many writers as possible.

I’ve been scribbling for over 20 years and am still learning plenty.