Monday, March 23, 2009

Ramblings

I don't recognise myself in photos these days. Hagos assures me I look better in real life than I do in photos. Maybe it's because I'm overweight I look like I have a big jowly face?

Anyway, I feel better after my blue period, which only lasted a day.

I'm off work this week and it feels such a luxury to be at home with Meg, going
to the gym and pottering around with my many projects. I finally got the house under control yesterday so can enjoy the place. My neighbours are away too, so it's beautifully quiet.

Meg and I slept in this morning until 10.30am! And I felt great when I got up. I always have particularly restful sleeps when Meg is beside me.
On Saturday night I went to my friend's house for dinner; then on Sunday morning I went to my all-time favourite coffee shop in Norwich, Expresso's. Afterwards I walked to the bookshop and bought some books, Miss Pettigrew Lives For a Day, by Winifred Watson, The Reader, by Bernard Schlink, and Behind The Scenes At The Museum, by Kate Atkinson. On Saturday I also went to the library and took out On Chesil Beach, by Ian McEwan and December, by Elizabeth Winthrop. I feel a keenness to read contemporary fiction again. Or, fiction that is currently popular.

And now I'm drinking a small bottle of red wine and working upstairs.


It's Keigan's 2nd birthday today. I bought him a Thomas The Tank Engine costume, similar to the one below, except it has a black cap. I hope he likes it.

3 comments:

Chrissy in Chaos said...

Toby had his birthday today and Daddy bought him and Daisy that same Thomas outfit right down to the black hat!!

Anonymous said...

Meg looks exactly like my Mr Norris who is the most devine feline soul I've ever met.Have a good day

Susan Moorhead said...

You really don't look jowly at all...you look quite nice :)