Monday, October 20, 2008

Too Many Projects

I suddenly seem to have a lot of knitting projects on the go. Or, I suppose I have a lot of projects altogether. I also bought some material at the weekend to make Halloween bags for Nate and JJ, to fill with goodies.

Above is the scarf I've been working on very slowly and steadily. It's easy to knit. I love the colour combinations of the variations of pink and green, and the random mixes they make. I'm using two balls of wool, hopefully it'll be long enough! I'm planning to give it as a Christmas present.
This is the almost complete back of my ribbon twist jumper. It took hardly any time to knit at all, so I expect to have the whole thing finished in a couple of weeks without really trying.
This is a jumper I'm making for my littlest Godson, JJ, for his Christmas. I'm planning to make one for his brother Nate too. This is double knit and they should also knit up fairly quickly. I'm hoping to knit 'N8' and 'JJ' onto the pocket on the sleeve.
And this is my gorgeous hat wool. I bought it a few weeks ago, and then couldn't find my pattern! It's in a really small Rowan book I have and I know the patterns were taken from a bigger book. I have hunted everywhere for the damn book. Anyway, on Saturday I went into John Lewis to see if they still stocked the bigger book but they don't. However, the very very very kind Rowan lady went to search her store copies upstairs and allowed me to take a copy of the pattern. I was so pleased and grateful.
And so last night I very quickly knitted my hat. I really love it. It's been getting so cold recently. Now I just have to make the pom poms for the ends, which I'll make out of the green Cocoon wool. The whole thing should match my scarf beautifully. The mittens, unfortunately, will take longer to get round to and knit. I may not even have them for this season. We'll see. I limit my knitting time to watching telly so I don't have much time to do it in.

It's been so so nice to have Hagos home.
And now it's time to turn my attention to The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying.

1 comment:

msmaggie801 said...

hi paula it's lovely to see all your beautiful projects developing..
funnily enough i'm also reading the Tibetan Book of Living and Dying..
xx maggie