Friday, May 02, 2008

End of the Week

I'm SO tired tonight. I can hardly stay awake and have been yawning since midday. I've had a couple of intense weeks at work. I work on crown court trials. At the beginning of the intensity I was terrified I wasn't going to get everything done on time (crown court deadlines are ABSOLUTE) but by the end of the first week I was completely in control of everything and this week I've been enjoying working on problem solving and liaising with people and being an organisational WHIZZ. But I expend a lot of energy in the process. Which is why I'm glad it's Friday night and I've had a bath and have my pyjamas on and am now wrapped up in a blanket on the couch. For some reason it feels particularly luxurious to have my bare feet wrapped in the blanket.???

Above is the transfer I'm thinking of embroidering onto green cotton to sew onto the front of Keigan's jumper. I discovered the size I'm knitting is for a 1 - 2 year old, which gives me a bit more time to finish it. Though I do want to finish it in the next month if possible. I thought about embroidering his name underneath too.
With my lovely assistant Joyce to help me, I chose the green and semi-transparent blue buttons for my bag closures, along with the velvet ribbon below. There were a lot of very nice buttons in the shop. One cost £3.23. Joyce had just screeched, "For one button?" when the sales assistant appeared round the corner and informed us it had been imported from Italy. It was lovely. The other little bluey-green buttons were only 10p each and I just got them because I like them.
And now - IT'S TIME FOR BED. YIPPEE!!!

No comments: