Saturday, May 05, 2007

Skirt material, New Selvedge Magazine and Relaxation!

I finished my second red and green baby sock, but I didn't bother photographing it as it, obviously, looks exactly the same as the first. You'll have to take my word for it.

I received my Amy Butler material in the post mid-week, and was very excited!

I'm hoping to have a little left over when I've made the skirt, to make some kind of bag (this is a vague, unformed idea). As soon as it arrived I was straight onto Cotton Patch's website looking at the other material I want to buy. I figure I can have LOADS of skirts I like for about a tenner a time (once I've spent a fortune buying the sewing machine, of course).

Today I stopped off at the art gallery to buy the latest edition of Selvedge: I haven't read it yet, I'm saving it for tomorrow when I can sit at my kitchen table with a cup of coffee and the Sunday papers and spend the whole morning reading and dreaming.

My husband is away working for a couple of days and I've been doing lots of stuff that I like: reading, bathing, walking, drinking coffee, knitting, reading knitting blogs, pottering around the house, and visiting John Lewis. I also bought lots of salad stuff from M&S today and had that for lunch, then had steamed vegetables, houmous and pitta bread for dinner.

My favourite colours of wool at the moment are petrol blue (like my toiletries bag) and (hm, how do I explain this) a saturated, off-pink colour. I think it's Rowan Cashsoft DK. My friend Anna made a hat out of it and it's so lovely.

I was looking for inspiration in John Lewis; partly in mind was finding bright orange wool to knit my colleague Laura a cardigan for her coming-soon baby. She mentioned she has bought bright orange shoes and she'd like a cardigan to match! I didn't find any though.

Instead I bought reduced Jaeger 4-ply Baby Merino and started knitting more baby socks straight away:

I'm planning to knit the toes in red and the rest of the sock in blue. I'm also wearing a wrap-around dress, which I LOVE. I bought it in a sale in Top Shop and it's so comfy. I really like dresses and need to buy more. Complementing my outfit are my beady bed socks.

Finally, the sweetest thing I've seen, EVER.

No comments: