Sunday, April 29, 2007

Small but Perfectly Formed

I know it isn't much, but I knitted this baby sock on the way into work on the bus this week. It's a perfect project for me at the moment as I get such quick results.

I'm sorry to say Gemma fell by the wayside quicker than even I thought it would. I might wait until my husband is on tour again before I attempt to continue with it. That way I can leave it spread over his side of the couch so it's easy to pick up.

I inherited my husband's old phone last week as my clam shell spasmed-out and deleted most of my phone book and all of my messages. I now have the Banana Splits theme tune as my ring tone as this was on the phone already, and I love it. It makes me so happy when my phone rings. I loved the Banana Splits when I was a kid, it was so silly.

I've been reading more lately. I re-read books five and six of the Harry Potter series, ready for the final book being published in July. Then I read Skulduggery Pleasant by Derek Landy. I was curious because he was paid an advance of £1,000,000 for it. I think the characters are well-named and there is some snappy dialogue BUT the plot is very weak and cliched and NOTHING REALLY HAPPENS.

Now I'm reading Poppy Shakespeare by Clare Allan. I think it's totally amazing. I'm loving it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well this is just lovely with great colours. Very inpiring as you will see. Have a great coupl of days off and I shall see you on Tuesday in the new office xx