Thursday, August 16, 2012

Golden Winter socks

In amongst ALL the seriousness of my day, it's important to make time for some light-hearted, silly, non-serious stuff. Like knitting. It's such a tonic. This is my next pair of stripy winter socks. The main ball is alpaca, and the small ball is tweed wool.  
I recently came across the quote: Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. I remind myself of this when I think someone is being difficult. It isn't always apparent what difficulties people are going through, or why they act in the way they do. People have varying levels of self-awareness, reasonableness, and sense of humour. Most people have emotional handicaps. Well, maybe the Dalai Lama is exempt? And then there are the very sobering medical conditions that some people endure but don't reveal to others. So, the silliness balances up the seriousness.

No comments: