Thursday, April 19, 2012

The Most Fun Thing I've Ever Made!

So I finished my sparkly hippo pyjama bottoms and I absolutely love them. I gave them a spin in bed last night and they were great - so comfortable. They only took about an hour and a half to make. I'm already thinking of stopping by Ikea today to get more fabric! Though I will also be passing through John Lewis today so I might be tempted there. But I'm sure this will be the first of many pairs.
I didn't bother with the bottom trim, or with making button holes for the waist band so I could make a pull-tie. I just used elastic for the waist.
And this is just a cute shot of Meg perched on Haggis's granny's stool. She's really too big for it but it was getting the full sun yesterday. I'm restricting her food at the moment because she seems to be getting bigger. She isn't very happy about it and badgers me for treats. But I'm sticking to it as I don't want her to become obese. She's still very agile and active.

Talking of which, I went for a run yesterday for the first time in about a year. It mostly felt good. I'm at the point where I need to turn the emphasis from inertia and surplus calories to exertion and limited food intake. I'm on the brink of fatty-dom again and I need to rein it in.

No comments: