Sunday, April 22, 2012

Making Frenzy

This last week I have been on a Making Frenzy. Sometimes I just have an urge to make something and I can't settle to anything else until it's done.


Today I decided to make scones and lemon curd. The scones turned out at 1 Weightwatchers point each, which is great. I did them in conventional and heart shapes.


And this afternoon I finished knitting the second thumb of my new mittens, and I sewed in the ends of my new scarf. So, the new winter accessories kit is complete: mittens, hat and scarf. 


I had planned to cast on a new pair of bed socks today, to knit on the bus, but I'm not sure I have the energy now. Hagos is cooking dinner (chicken fajitas) and after that I think I'll only be fit to read and watch a bit of telly.


I have just started reading To the Lighthouse by Virginia Woolf. I am enjoying it more than I expected. 
This was our coffees and cakes at Whitmuir yesterday. That chocolate cupcake was divine. Sadly I could only eat half due to how many points I figured it must have. But the half I had was delicious. 

No comments: