Thursday, February 26, 2009

I made a shower cap

One of my friends, who I made one of my famous toiletries bags for, asked me if she could commission me to make her a matching shower cap. I didn't have any of the lovely Carla Miller Purple Gerbera material left so had to search the internet for more. I was lucky to find some just up the road from me in Norfolk at Wroxham Barns Sew Creative.
So, not having a pattern for a shower cap, I measured my own head, added an inch, then drew a rough 17" circle onto graph paper. I cut both material and lining (the waterproof lining I use for my toiletries bags) to the pattern then shaved off a centimetre and a half from the lining, then pinned them together, hemmed all the way round. I did little tucks regularly spaced to compensate for the curve.
Sewed the hem, inserted the elastic etc, et voila! I have a beautiful matching shower cap. I'll give it to her this weekend as part of her belated Christmas present.

We're off to Scotland tomorrow to celebrate Hagos's and my dad's birthdays.

No comments: