Monday, January 18, 2010

My co-writer


My little co-writer loves spending the day in the shed with me while I write; except she gets a little outraged if I move around too much, or make noise (suddenly lifting her head and looking at me with a mix of disbelief and disgust). Last summer there was a daily battle between the two of us as to who would reach and claim the swivel chair first. If it was her there would then ensue a bigger battle to move her from the swivel chair onto the blanket I'd laid out specially for her, taking up one third of my desk. I wasn't always quick enough to place something on the swivel chair to dissuade her from jumping on it as working in the shed means I have a couple of boxes of books, my laptop bag, pens and paper to transport each day from the house. She, of course, is straight in, unencumbered.

No comments: