Friday, July 24, 2009

Things I'm Looking Forward To

Due to one thing, and another, (and another), I've been thinking lately about life and death and the scan of an entire life, and genetics, inheritance, and conditioning, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera.

ANYWAY, after a week and a half of living life in bite-size chunks today I decided to look forward to things I am looking forward to :)

I loved The Time Traveler's Wife, and I used to live overlooking Highgate Cemetery in London, so I'm looking forward to reading Audrey Niffenegger's new book Her Fearful Symmetry (about twins who inherit a flat overlooking Highgate Cemetery).And to Sadie Jones's new book Small Wars. (I do hate when publishers refer to previous titles on the cover of new titles though. I think book covers should be conceived and designed totally around themselves.)And closer in time, I'm looking forward to sewing together my dress, made from material I bought at IKEA. I think the material was £3.50 a metre, which will make the dress about £5 in total :)

And every day I look forward to seeing how my tubs of potatoes, tomatoes, courgettes, peppers, beetroot, and carrots are developing.

No comments: