Saturday, May 02, 2009

A Grumpy Day

I discovered today that I am a coffee addict again, when Hagos and I went into Ha Ha's for breakfast today and they said the coffee machine had broken down! I was all for going somewhere else - coffee being a more important component of breakfast than food - but Hagos was hungry and so we stayed. "Maybe we could have coffee somewhere else after?" I said hopefully. That's when I realised.

The first thing I did when I got home was make myself a mocha, with fresh coffee and hand-flaked chocolate from Coco in Edinburgh. Then I felt human again.
Afterwards I finished hemming and elasticating my dress. I think I like it better now it's finished. I'll wear it out next week and see how I get on.
I've thought for some time that I should educate myself about ART. I'm mostly interested in the 19th Century and onwards. This book is a good place to start.
It lays it all out by period and movements. I'm looking forward to using it as a starting point for exploring further.
And visiting a gallery or two.

This afternoon Meg and I had a lovely time with me sitting in bed relaxing and surfing the internet, and her sleeping sweetly beside me. I love Meg.

No comments: