Sunday, May 17, 2009

Barbie and her Bike

This is my new bike!!! I feel very excited about it. I haven't had a bike for years. I got it today, and this afternoon Hagos and I went out for a bike ride, just to get used to it.

The whole bike thing started because Hagos bought himself a bike on ebay a couple of days ago. And of course, as soon as I saw his bike I wanted one too. And he very kindly bought me one.

We're planning to go for another ride later tonight. There is a cycle route along the disused railway line that we plan to explore (and I think a few tea rooms along the way). In my fantasy I have a basket at the front of my bike to carry my picnic in :)

I'm still getting used to the gears. And even though I've been doing a lot of aerobic exercise at the gym recently, I was a bit surprised by how much effort it takes to cycle.

Meg isn't so sure about the bikes. She doesn't like the noise they make on the shingle; or the flapping of the bike cover; or, in fact, any noise that disturbs her sleep.

No comments: