Tuesday, April 07, 2009

The Craft Chair

This chair, next to the couch, has become my Craft Chair. It's where I put what I'm currently working on so I can easily pick it up for the last hour of the day, while I watch some sci-fi, and when I'm not cuddling Meg (she thinks the hour of TV watching is for her benefit, so she can be held while she sleeps and snores).

I bought this chair when I was in my early 20s, when my taste in colour and pattern were hugely different. I keep meaning to either re-cover it myself, or ge
t a fitted cover for it from Ikea. What was I thinking?

As you can see, I've sewn together all the crocheted squares, now I just have to machine sew the cushion cover, which is all cut out and ready to go, and attach the crochet. I'm not sure whether to attach the crochet first, before I machine it, or after, to the ready-made cushion??? First, I think.
This is what Meg did to my laptop as I was working on it just after dinner. First she jumped onto the table for a cuddle while I was finishing dinner, then she casually stretched over my book, so I couldn't read, then when I started tapping away on my laptop she sat on it! I think she wants me to join her on the couch for a TV/cuddle session.

No comments: