Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Confused? You won't be after this week's episode of SOAP

Does anyone remember that from the 80s? It used to be my absolute favourite TV programme. Until Burt was abducted by aliens. Then it all got a bit surreal. Not that I mind surreal but it was a bit odd three years into the programme.

Anyway, MY confusion is all to do with my little cat, sunbathing here on the coal bunker yesterday:I took her to the vet two weeks ago and he told me she was 3-4 weeks pregnant. So, after the initial shock I was very excited and started asking very nice people if they wanted a kitten when they arrived. The vet reckoned she had three or four kittens inside her, possibly more.

Then yesterday she started acting like she was on heat again. And tonight when I got home from work there was no sign of her, which is most unusual. I went looking for her, down the back lane, and even into next door's garden where Basil has a disused outbuilding and little secret garden round the back, where I know she likes to hang out, but she wasn't there. I was getting quite worried about her when she turned up just after 9pm, wolfed down a pouch of food and went straight out again.

So, I'm guessing she isn't pregnant, or else something's happened to her little kitties. I'll make an appointment for her at the vet tomorrow and make sure she's okay.

At least I should get a good night's sleep tonight, but I'd much rather Meg was home bothering me.

My husband came home from tour on Sunday night for a couple of days. I was so happy to see him. He very kindly gave me this!

No comments: