Monday, May 03, 2010


My work colleagues bought me the Kaffe Fassett material above two years ago for my birthday. I cut out the pattern straight away, and the lining, and it has hung on my shelf unit in my kitchen ever since, waiting to be sewn together!
I think the reason I hadn't finished the green skirt, was because this other Kaffe Fassett skirt was also hanging on my kitchen shelf unit waiting to be finished. This purple skirt was ostensibly finished. I just had to sew the lining to the zip, the rest was done. Except, I wasn't happy with the way the zip lay alonside the back seam. There was a little kink.

I've written before about how much I love this material. I think I bought it with birthday money my sister gave me a few years ago, and I love it because it reminds me of the hydrangeas that grew in my granny's garden when I was a child. So, I knew that I wouldn't be happy with this skirt unless I fixed the zip/seam problem at the back, which for months (years) I thought it meant I would have to unpick the whole skirt and sew it together again.

It was only during my four days off a couple of weeks ago, that I had the brainwave to unpick the back seam and unpick a little bit of the hem, and just realign that. If you're still following me, it worked! The hydrangea skirt was completely fixed in half an hour, and I could go on to my green daisy skirt.

I have decided to finish most of my unfinished stuff before starting on any new items, except perhaps to allow myself to make my new Amy Butler bag pattern, which I also bought with birthday money :)

1 comment:

Kate said...

Love the skirts - great fabric for them.