Saturday, August 01, 2009

Meringues

Last night I went to see the film, Coco Avant Chanel at Cinema City in Norwich. I really enjoyed it, though I was hoping the film would include more about her design process. Anyway, I wish I'd taken my camera because afterwards we went to the Belgian Monk and had Dutch Coffee, which is coffee, with a tiny glass of advocat and cream, and a biscuit. It was delicious. And for some reason it didn't keep me awake all night. Must've been because I'd got up at half six in the morning to go to work. It was really nice to see Mo and Bev, and to have a half glass of wine.
The first half of today was a bit of a non-day for me. Apart from half an hour of panic looking for the car insurance so I could renew the car tax, I didn't have any energy to do anything. I didn't even have the energy to do nothing, so I mostly mooched around in limbo. I suddenly pounced into action at half three, washed my hair, gathered my books together, and cycled to the Station, intending to sit in the cafe and read and write. But closing time at the Station on a Saturday is 4pm, so I was only able to buy a bottle of ginger beer before cycling home again.

This evening I made a few meringues. I wanted something sweet but not chocolatey. I do love the meringue recipe from Jane Brocket's book, Cherry Cake and Ginger Beer. It makes perfect meringues, just the right gooeyness on the inside.

Hagos is home tomorrow for four whole days!!! I'm very excited.

No comments: