Friday, August 21, 2009

Calvin and Keigan

I've been up and down to Scotland a couple of times in the last month, my Sat Nav giving me the confidence to drive for seven hours by myself! (A stop halfway at Wetherby for a delicious Costa mocha and lunch from M&S helps.)

On the second visit I met my newest great nephew, Calvin (photo below) and gave him these items I'd knitted specially for him. I particularly love the stripy socks above.
The completed pullover above with matching socks below!
I'm not sure if the matching socks were a good idea or not. So long as they fit and keep his legs and feet warm come winter, I guess that's the important thing. The wool for this is Debbie Bliss Cashmerino. It knits up fairly thickly.
This is Calvin at two weeks old. Very sweet. I particularly liked his little hairy ears. The hair will apparently drop off before very long, but I thought the hairy ears were charming.And Keigan with all his cars. He's obsessed by any kind of motor vehicle: toy cars and buses, real cars and buses, photos of cars and buses.

Well, it's 4 o'clock in the morning. Time to go back to bed.

No comments: