Saturday, September 08, 2007

Sublime Stitching Cat Cushion

I made Meg a present today. She has two of these cushions propped at the end of the couch with a blanket for her comfort. I made the original cushion covers (from the same purple fleece material above) a couple of years ago, but now they're matted even though I vacuum and use sticky tape on them to try to remove the hairs. So, I found the leftover fleece in the cupboard, washed and dried it, and decided to try out a transfer from Sublime Stitching. It worked really well and I really like the result. It's a first attempt, so I didn't think too much about the embroidery colours I used. I wish now I'd used a lighter blue and pink for the kitten, but I was thinking orange = Meg at the time. I have a couple of ideas for more projects now.

I also made a second Simplicity top, which I'll photograph and upload tomorrow. I'm wearing it now. And I REALLY like it.

I have one more project to make this weekend. A present for a friend indeed. I'll photograph and upload that soon too (once I've made it).

The cushion being beautifully modelled...

1 comment:

jen said...

Meg is adorable! and what a helpful kitty.

I love the pillow you made. Isn't Sublime Stitching the best? I love my kit.