Saturday, August 18, 2007

Homey Day

I had a lovely day today. I stayed at home and pottered and did 'homey' things, which is my favourite way to spend my time.
This afternoon I watched Little Women on TV. The Winona Ryder version. I was just in the mood for it. Of course, I can't watch TV without doing some crafty thing so I decided to cut out a new top to make another the same as my green flowery one. Meg was as helpful as ever:

A final stretch on her way off the material!

Yesterday I finished Keigan's vest and bootees:Sewing up is my least favourite part of knitting, but it (obviously) has to be done. I think they turned out really well in the end. The pattern is from one of Erika Knight's books. Wool is Jaeger Baby Merino 4 ply. I love this colour. I found the ribbon fiddly and wondered why I'd bothered with it! It took a few attempts to get the bow to look this good, and I'm not sure how practical it will be after it's washed.I love wrapping presents too and spend too much time designing the wrapping. I got this ribbon from Panduro. It's so sweet. The tape I made from Hagos's tape machine that he uses to label things on tour. My wrapping obsession reminds me of my friends, Janie and Ba, who make their own Christmas cards every year. I should have photographed Ba's from last year, it was a spiral wire Christmas tree with pink bells strategically placed. My favourite of Janie's was when she photocopied her own face onto hers. Then to round off the day Meg and I snuggled up on the couch in the best cuddle ever and I read Harry Potter for half an hour before we both fell asleep.

No comments: