Sunday, March 25, 2007

Toiletries Bag Rowan Handknit DK

I finished my toiletries bag (well, apart from the lining that is). I think it's turned out rather well, though I'll probably change the blue heart for a bead, to stop the squeezy stopper thing (what are those called???) coming off the pull cord.

Apologies for the damp patch on the tea towel I've used to stop my white table adding glare to the photo.

For anyone who wants to make the toiletries bag here is the pattern:

Cast on 42 stitches (Handknit DK, appropriate sized needles).

Row 1: purl 2, knit 3; repeat this rib to the end

Row 2: purl

Repeat these two rows until 66 rows have been completed.

Row 67: purl 2, knit 2 tog, yarn over, knit one; repeat this to the end

Row 68: purl

Row 69 - 74: as row 1

Row 75 cast-off: knit 1, cast on 2, (knit 1, cast-off 1) 3 times; repeat to end until all stitches have been cast-off

I'm now at the heel of my 2nd purple beady sock. Then I'm not sure what to knit. Cucumberpatch has a sale on at the moment of some good Rowan wool (colours, obviously, a bit unique) and I was tempted to knit this in deep pink:

but I still don't have the attention span to knit a big project. So I might instead just carry on doing little stuff. (As I've said before, I thoroughly recommend buying from cucumberpatch. Stuff is dispatched very quickly and the order is always correct.)

My little kitty isn't pregnant after all but seems to be on heat again. Poor wee thing. Not quite as bad as last time. She's coming home more frequently and isn't always covered in mud and looking tatty! Will definitely take her to the vet to get spayed once she's recovered from this episode.

A final look at my lovely drawstring bag:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the bag, it's cute! I also quite like that cardi from the latest Rowan magazine, it's simple but looks like it would go with everything!