Friday, March 01, 2013

Birthday x 2

For some reason this is the only photo I took over the last couple of days, though it was my dad's 80th birthday on Wednesday and Hagos's birthday the following day. 

We drove to Dumfries to celebrate my dad's birthday and had a lovely afternoon. My nephews and their girlfriends turned up, along with my sister and both my parents were there, of course. My dad is Mr Understated, so there was no fanfare, or balloons or any extended rowdiness or sparkle. Just a birthday cake and presents and an afternoon spent chatting. 

Yesterday we tried to pack too much into Hagos's birthday. He had found a nice pub online in Edinburgh and we met up there with a few of his touring chums and played half a game of Monopoly. Then we drove to Morningside to try out the new Pizza Express with our friends and Godson, JJ. The owl above is JJ's 'card' that he made for Hagos's birthday. I love kid art. 

We got back late-ish and watched a couple of episodes of Boardwalk Empire and then went to bed.

No comments: