Sunday, March 10, 2013

A difficult week, and some easy knitting

Meg had an operation to remove a lump from her left front leg on Monday. It all went as well as could be expected and thankfully the lump was benign when tested again. However, because she's been restricted to staying in the house, and has a collar on to stop her licking her stitches, it's meant either Hagos or I have had to watch her all the time. She's such a wilful creature she has figured out how to wedge the collar further up her left leg, enabling her to lick and pull at the very end of the wound and stitches. So, I have been working full time then going to bed with Meg for 3-4 hours at bedtime, then following her downstairs and sleeping on the couch for the rest of the night, and then getting up for work again. Thankfully Hagos has been at home during the day and has been able to watch her, though he hasn't been able to get much work done at all. We are both relieved when she is sleeping!

So last night I sat with her on my lap (well, I put my feet on the table and she lies somewhere along my legs) and though I have complicated knitting I should be getting on with, I decided I could only cope with very easy knitting - plain and purl with the occasional increase. 

I'm knitting the jumper/vest again (originally knitted in purple Jaeger 4-ply; and more recently in off-white alpaca) from Vintage Knits by Sarah Dallas. This lovely deep blue is also alpaca. It's lovely and soft and I feel I'm achieving something when all I can do is cuddle a cat.

(Meg has her stitches removed next Saturday and should be able to go outside again then too.)

No comments: