Tuesday, June 19, 2012

The Wonder of Wool

I took a stroll to John Lewis at lunchtime today just to look. I've liked the colour of this Rowan Cashsoft 4 ply for a while and had almost decided to buy two balls of it to make a pair of socks when I spotted the Rowan Fine Tweed nearby. I love all the colours of the Fine Tweed range and have never quite known what to do with it. So, I thought I'd combine the two and add some tweedy stripes/toes to my Cashsoft socks.


Now I can't wait to get started on them, but I still have to finish the foot of my second pair of purple/stripy socks first, and a sleeve for my green and purple jumper. 


Hm.


Hagos is in China tonight. He's been to Hong Kong before but nowhere else in China. I'm grateful for texting and internet contact. It makes a big difference to keep in touch easily when he's away.


I'm being deliberately anti-plans this week. Time is often scheduled and I miss just seeing what I feel like doing. And I like my own (and Meg's) company, so that's good.


I might give the socks away when they're finished, I haven't decided. I recently met someone I like very much, so I might give them to her. Or maybe I'll keep them for myself.

No comments: