Sunday, June 28, 2009

Knitting and Energy

The almost-finished tank top I knitted for my nephew's baby. It's a Debbie Bliss pattern and wool. Very nice to work with. I had to re-do the neck cast off and one armhole cast off but apart from that it was very simple. I thought I'd have enough wool to knit matching socks so I began knitting and this happened:
I ran out of wool about 12 rows from the end. I'm sure I knitted a cardigan for Nate a few years ago with the same wool but I've trawled my wool stash and can't find it. So I'll probably buy another ball! It really is very annoying. Or I could possibly unknit the toe on the first sock and re-knit both toes in a different colour. For most people I'd do that and I know they wouldn't mind, but my nephew's fiance is very fussy and that's the kind of thing that would put her off using them.

My energy has been very strange recently. I've been feeling wiped out, which isn't too surprising as I've been exercising a lot and limiting my calorie intake. Anyway, I took Friday off work this week as Hagos was going away again at the weekend and I wanted to help him to get ready, and I'm so glad I did because I felt as though I couldn't process any more information or demands. Even very small requests from friends felt like an added weight on my shoulders.

So Friday was a nice day at home with Hagos, getting his stuff ready, going for a bike ride, having dinner and watching All About Eve, which was great. I love those types of films. And yesterday I went into town early, after Hagos left for Europe, and got some new clothes and food for the weekend, then I came home and SLEPT all afternoon. I had to sleep on the couch as Meg's favourite place to hang out all day is my shed, and my bike was in there so I couldn't leave the shed open and go to bed. Then I woke up around tea time, read my book, knitted a few rows of sock, and watched Wimbledon.
This was me in my shed on Friday. The classic Wimbledon match features in something I'm writing just now.

Today I have super-energy, so I'm planning to do quite a lot, most of it to do with cleaning and sorting the house. I expect I'll suddenly keel over and have to sit down with a cup of tea mid-afternoon.

No comments: