Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Scraps; and a cold

I just kinda like this photo. It's the scraps from making the bag and headband at the weekend. Very artistic.
Unfortunately this has pretty much been my view for the last three days. I've been in bed with a horrible head cold. I catch colds very easily. I think this was the one my dad had when I was in Scotland. Tonight I discovered whisky is infinitely better than Lemsip.

Usually I alternate reading proper, adult fiction with an Enid Blyton. It's like cleansing the palate. I get so absorbed into a book that when I finish I'm not ready to leap straight into another, so I do some lighthearted EB for relief. It works really well. However, since I've had this cold I've read about five EB books straight. I tried reading a couple of A L Kennedy short stories but they were too SERIOUS for my attention span at the time. I'm almost finished The Mystery of Tally-Ho Cottage, with the greatly-named Mr Hoho-Ha, then I'll go onto adult fiction again. I can feel my brain returning so I'm looking forward to it.

No comments: