Sunday, November 19, 2006

Baby Footwear




I can now reveal some baby footwear I've been making over the last few months for my friend Leonie who just had her baby. I started knitting when I found out she was having a boy. The socks and small boottees are taken from 50 Baby Boottees... I think it was Zoe Mellor who did the patterns. The white boottees with roses are from a pattern I got from the library by Erika Knight, they're actually the same as my slippers.

I also made a small beaded bag to put them in, which I forgot to photograph. I sent them off yesterday.

My friend Anna has been making similar items to sell at a Christmas Craft Fair at the end of November. I might try to make a few more and sell them too.

I've almost finished my 3rd TV jumper, which I'm very excited about because it's gorgeous. Maybe next weekend. And in the meantime I've started on a Rowan Plaid jumper that I liked from Magazine 39 but didn't want to spend £50 on the wool! Well, plaid has now been discontinued and is being sold at a bargain price on cucumberpatch. I bought six balls of Bramble for £21!!! I've almost finished the front because it's knitted up on size 8 needles.

I'm going to my friend Sophie's tonight for a knit-in and DVD evening. So will hopefully make good progress there. Should have both jumpers finished in next two weeks. I'll also upload my bodyless sleeves at the same time.

No comments: