Saturday, February 25, 2017

Knitting, sledging, and getting into the new year

It's been a slow start to the year. We were so busy at the end of last year that we've taken every opportunity to rest and slow down in January and February, though there have been busy pockets nonetheless.

I finally cast on the second sleeve of my great-nephew, Curtis's, cardigan yesterday. I haven't felt like knitting or sewing until now. I've been reading more, and writing. I'm knitting it in age 2, and he's currently 15 months' old, so it should fit him still and it won't take long to finish. I finally found buttons I like in John Lewis. I thought John Lewis was winding down its button selection but happily they'd replenished the stock when I went last week.
So the finished cardigan will be exactly the same as my adult Chickadee snowflake cardigan. Same colour, same motif, same (smaller) buttons. I love these transparent, perspex, colour-tinged buttons. 
We've had a couple of snowfalls this month. Last weekend my friends and their girls visited and there was just enough snow left to go sledging! They hadn't been sledging before and they were so excited! We had a few good runs. It doesn't look like there's enough snow here to sledge but actually it worked out well as it wasn't as fast a run as when there is proper coverage. 
And my wee companion. Hagos has been on tour this month, and Meg and I are such good friends. I absolutely love her. She's very cuddly at the moment. This is her exploring my fabric shelf in the kitchen cupboard.

No comments: