Friday, August 01, 2014

Bread and Butter

This is Bread. I love him. We've got into a routine of having a cuddle on the grass when I get home from work. I pick him up, plop him on my lap, and he settles down and sometimes sighs. He's the sweetest chicken. 
I sewed together my Turkey feather skirt. It looks better than the photo shows. I'm really pleased with it, though it did take me six hours in total (and it was already cut out). I decided to do French seams as I'd seen them on the Great British Sewing Bee, but of course I hadn't factored that into the seam allowance, so it came out an inch too small in the waist and I had to unpick the WHOLE seams, both sides.
I just love this photo. A misty morning photo.
And this. I love spring and autumn, and am looking forward to the season changing.
Another shot of Bread, with Butter on the left. They hang around together a lot. Butter is such a shockingly beautiful colour.

This is my first week of working four days a week. I dropped a day. I have to keep reminding myself I only work four days now. I feel like I've been in a work tunnel for the past two and a half years, so I'm ECSTATIC I have an extra day off a week. Hoping to redress the work/life balance. I also moved to a new office and so far I'm really enjoying it. 

No comments: