Monday, July 01, 2013

Something cheerful

Today I was very excited when my new MITTENS book turned up. It contains a child's mittens pattern, which I intend to knit for JJ, thereby fulfilling my promise from two years ago.
I love this colour combination. Not sure what colours he'll choose. Initially he wanted them charcoal and yellow, like my Norwegian Star mittens, then charcoal and pink. I'll ask him in the next few days and see what he says. I promised I'd finish them in time for him going back to school.
The book is lovely. Slightly moose/reindeer heavy, but I'm a fan of reindeer, so hey ho.
Just started reading The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie, after finishing The Great Gatsby. 

July is a very busy month. Makes me feel exhausted just thinking about it. I'm looking forward to August, when I have two weeks off work.

No comments: