Sunday, November 11, 2012

Repurposing

This is me unravelling an old pair of beady bed socks. I had intended mending the holes in the soles but I quickly realised the wool was so worn it had to be binned. The socks were very well-used! 
I saved the beads to use on another garment. 

I've taken a break from sock-knitting and am working on finishing the purple and green 'bramble' jumper. I only have the top of the second sleeve to knit and then I'm finished. Then I'd like to work on the chunky jumper as a quick gratification fix.

I watched the documentary on Ian Rankin the other day. Very interesting to see a writer pushing through the doubt and uncertainty. I would've liked to have been privy to his creative decisions, but that would have been very intrusive. http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01nw51c/imagine..._Winter_2012_Ian_Rankin_and_the_Case_of_the_Disappearing_Detective/

No comments: