Monday, February 28, 2011

Purple and red loop jumper - it must be Easter!

I remember pulling this jumper out last Easter and being sure I would finish it, as there were only a few rows left to do.

And then I must've bought some new wool, for a new project, and back into the bag it went, not to be seen for another year.

But as I'm now at the cast off for the front, which is the final piece, I'm sure I will actually finish it this time. I have to knit it at the kitchen table, otherwise I get tangled in the three balls of wool.
And then I plan to start on this. It will be a black long-sleeved TV jumper with some honey-bee thick stripes. I got the idea from a Next jumper my work colleague wore recently. I liked it so much I decided to unpick my black bolero, which I have never felt comfortable in due to the band edging: the bolero never sat properly. So I'm unpicking the body of the bolero and will use the sleeves as they are, as they are the exact same pattern for the TV jumper, and I will knit a new body. I'm planning to buy two new balls of Rowan Pure Wool black 4-ply to go with the honey-coloured wool above.

It's such a fail-safe pattern (Sarah Dallas's Vintage Knits) and easy to knit, and I love the result.

2 comments:

affectioknit said...

I love the Easter sweater!

Susan said...

Can't wait to see the bee-stripe sweater when it's done. I love yellow
:-)