Monday, November 10, 2008

It was a dark, dark night...

The phone rang while I was working in my shed just now, and it was only when I took the handset in to Hagos that I realised how dark and quiet it was outside.

I remember when we first moved here from London, and coming home in the evening after being at university, pulling up into our drive and being amazed at the clarity of the stars through the darkness. And how one winter afternoon I took a walk down to the Station (a converted shop/cafe) to browse and drink tea, later emerging into complete darkness and wondering how I was going to get home (about a 15 minute walk). Because, there are very few street lights in the village. Which I like. After living in London it was a surprise. Buses and underground trains every five to ten minutes, street lights everywhere.

I live in a very sweet little place, and I really like it. I just wish we had our best friends living nearby.

No comments: