Saturday, December 30, 2006

Two New Jumpers!




I thought it was about time I actually showed some knitting on here. This is my 3rd TV jumper, which I'm very pleased with. I sewed it up on the way to Scotland and was able to wear it on Christmas Day.

When I finished knitting it I vowed never to knit another TV jumper again. It was supposed to be something to knit while watching TV but I became obsessed with finishing it and because it's 4-ply it took AGES. I'd love to have a ginger and midnight blue TV jumper but maybe I'll wait a year before beginning it.


Of course, this is the main reason I'd like a ginger jumper - to remind me of my little sweetie cat. This is her new favourite position to sleep, beside the storage heater!

Meg and I are home alone today. Usually I go into town with my husband on a Saturday to have lunch but I've had a horrible cold since we got back from Scotland. So husband has gone into town by himself to spend his Christmas vouchers (I have a voucher for John Lewis that I'm very keen to spend). I feel a bit grumpy about having another cold (third one in four months) but there's nothing I can do about it.



This is my plaid jumper. Difficult to photograph, mostly because I'm grumpy, I think. I wasn't sure about it after I'd finished it, then went on to wear it for about four days. Now I really like it, though the batwings take a bit of getting used to. I like the wool (discontinued, but at a bargain price on cucumberpatch) and may buy more of it in a different colour either for another jumper (more conventional shape) or to make a copy of a skirt I saw in a Saturday supplement last weekend. It was a knitted, longish A-line skirt with two square pockets on the front. I think if I knitted it up on smaller needles it would work.


Some random shots.

Okay, I'm feeling quite rough now so will stop here. Just one more thing before I go. I used to do a lot of beading about ten years ago, inspired by my friend, Kerstin. I haven't done much since knitting took over but while in the sewing shop the other day I saw some polished shell and Japanese square beads that I bought and made into a necklace as part of my sister's Christmas present:

No comments: