Sunday, February 01, 2015

A change of plan

So today we were supposed to go and visit my folks in Dumfries to celebrate my mum's birthday, but Hagos has been ill since 2am with a sickness bug. Not much fun.

Consequently I didn't sleep very well either, so I've been in a semi-zombie state for most of the day. It helps that I'm good at entertaining myself, hence: I finished the second blue hat. I had almost settled on keeping it for myself and was thinking of making matching mittens, when my Godson JJ asked if I would knit him the exact same hat as I'd knitted for his mum. And as I was almost finished it anyway I felt I had to say yes. He boosted his cause by earlier berating his mother for not wearing her hat when we met them yesterday, something that struck me as well when she turned up wearing a shop-bought red hat (roll eyes). I've threaded some yellow wool through the back seam in his hat so they can tell them apart (no woman would want to share clothes with a child: they're continuously covered in crumbs and general detritus and always manage to smell).
I also painted my nails, a shimmering light blue.
And decided to resurrect this knitting project that I lost interest in ages ago. The colours as balls of wool (orange and blue) look great together but somehow, when knitted, the sock is unexciting.
I also came across this single sock at the back of the shelf. I love this design, however those reindeer (there's one on the other side too) take a lot of concentrating to knit, PLUS I carried the white wool across the back when I was knitting the reindeer and as a result that part of it is tight. I'll try to knit the second sock with more give!

And that's been my day. I've really missed Hagos today. We get into a routine of doing stuff separately then coming together at various points in the day. I hope he feels better tomorrow, for his sake.

No comments: